Mekong Tourism Forum – Village Experience
The Mekong Tourism Village Experience is living the theme of “Transforming Travel – Transforming Lives” by being the first conference to stage actual conference session in ethnic community-based villages, and engaging both delegates and villagers together for a uniquely immersive and transformative experience. The pioneering concept allows for people from different walks of life to connect and learn from each other. Eight thematic sessions in eight ethnic villages, including a warm village welcome, a traditional lunch, engaging sessions, and interactive village activities from weaving to farming, will make this a true highlight of MTF 2018.
The thematic sessions and the respective facilitators include:
1. Organic Tourism (Mr. Arrut Navaraj – CEO, Sampran Riverside Resort)
2. Adventure Tourism (Mr. Matt Gibson – CEO, UpThink)
3. Festivals Tourism (Dr. Jutamas Wisansing – CEO, Perfect Link)
4. Heritage Tourism (Mr. Luc Citrinot – Editor, ASEAN.travel)
5. Religious Tourism (Ms. Siew Meng Erina Loo – SG, SEA Tour Guide Association)
6. Wellness Tourism (Mr. Nick Day – Marketing Manager, GoCo Hospitality)
7. Food Tourism (Mr. Vincent Vichit-Vadakan – Journalist, Le Flux Asia)
8. Eco Tourism (Mr. Peter Richards – Consultant, UN ITC)
Interested delegates will require to register for the session, which includes a limited edition traditional village shirt from the respective village, that is required to be worn for the sessions. Each village is unique, and no experience will be the same.
For more information about the MTF 2018 Village Experience sessions, please visit: http://mekongtourismforum.org/index.php/sessions/