Mekong Innovative Startups in Tourism (MIST) – Travel Startup Pitches
Witness the MIST Showcase, where some of the most promising travel and hospitality startups will share their innovations with the Mekong tourism industry.
9:00 Welcome and Opening Remarks
Jens Thraenhart, Executive Director, Mekong Tourism Coordinating Office
Steven Schipani, Senior Portfolio Management Specialist, Asian Development Bank
9:15 Innovation Showcase
Five early-stage startups will deliver 10-minute presentations about their business models and technology. Each presentation will include up to 5 additional minutes for questions and answers.
10:30 Tea Break
10:45 Innovation Showcase
Three travel innovators will deliver 10-minute presentations about their business models and technology. Each presentation will include up to 5 additional minutes for questions and answers.
11:30 Structured Networking
Meet the innovators! Our eight MIST innovators will be stationed at tables around the room. Meet them, interact with them, and schedule appointments for follow up.
5 finalists from Startup Accelerator
They previously attended a boot camp May 17-22 in Ho Chi Minh City, where they competed against 14 other startups to join the program.
• BambooLao (Lao PDR) produces reusable bamboo straws to replace single-use plastic straws.
• VDEs – tìm kiếm địa điểm tổ chức tiệc cưới (Viet Nam) connects event planners with event venues and makes them bookable through their database.
• Go Explore Vietnam (Viet Nam) organizes “workation” programs aimed at international and domestic remote workers.
• SidesBag (Cambodia) is a mobile application enabling airline passengers to purchase available luggage allowance from fellow travelers.
• Ecohost Vietnam (Viet Nam) improves the local homestay experience, improving the management of homestays and local activities while making them easier to book.
5 international travel and hospitality innovators for Market Access track.
The MIST Market Access program invites innovators from around the world to solve tourism and hospitality industry challenges in the Greater Mekong Subregion.
• Adventoro offers bucket-list worthy activities including whitewater rafting, jungle treks and diving excursions. Currently serving Malaysia, Adventoro will use the MIST Market Access Program to enter Viet Nam.
• DidaTravel Technology, based in China, offers backend technology for hotel booking, providing real-time inventory and rates.
• Moneybay provides a digital cross-border currency exchange platform. The Malaysian fintech makes it simple for tourist to make payments online and collect currency from a local partner.
• Monkey Theory creates fun and happy experiences with branded sporting events – encouraging public health and social activity.
• hereO, creator of the hero GPS watch for kids, offers plug-and-play IoT technology. It is considering IoT solutions for last-mile tourist transportation in the Greater Mekong Subregion.